This chocolate mousse is very simple to make and delicious too. It’s a great choice when you want to make dessert in advance but don’t want to spend a lot of time preparing it.
To make it, you’ll need:
500ml thickened cream
150g dark chocolate
1 Tbs gelatine
1/2 cup warm water
2 punnets fresh raspberries
Approx 10 digestive biscuits (or shortbread biscuits)
1/4 cup almond meal
2/3 cup melted butter
1. Place the biscuits in a food processor and grind to a fine consistency. Or place the biscuits inside a ziplock bag and crush with a rolling pin until crumbly.
2. Mix in the melted butter and almond meal with the ground biscuits then press the mixture into a greased tart pan.
3. Bake at 180 for about 15-20 minutes until golden. Remove from the oven and cool completely.
4. Mix the gelatine into the warm water.
5. Melt the chocolate in the microwave or a double boiler until smooth.
6. Whisk the cream, then gently pour in the chocolate and gelatine into the cream. Continue whisking until smooth.
7. Pour the mixture into the cooled base then place in the fridge to set for 1-2 hours.
8. Remove the mousse from the pan and garnish with fresh raspberries before serving